Tuesday, February 7, 2017

the gift of life

I pray to have the strength each day

to love a little more 

and live in a kinder way

and not judge others for their limitations 

that reflect what I see and say


 I am not afraid to be seen

with all my human vulnerability 

and those old shattered hopes and dreams

now liberated and set free


with nothing hidden and no one to please

except my souls true destiny 

I can expose my heart to God 

and reach high in the sky


I can love a little more 

and live with kindness and understand why

I should not judge others for their limitations 

to reflect the deeper peace inside


I can see clearly the brilliant possibilities

 That with the gift of each breath I can awake 

to be a loving instrument God has made

here to express my souls true face 


engaged with in each moment of life 

living  and receiving this mysterious love 

and all relationships and manifestations 

that this cosmic creation gives and takes