Sunday, March 18, 2018

Bargain or prayer

you say

this is the day the lord has made

let us be glad and rejoice 

but my heart feels heavy

and my mind despairs

so really Lord can u lead me to where

I can be  beyond worries and cares

past the dark night of the soul

and just trust that all is well 

even when I don’t know 


yes it’s up to me to turn to you

for we always have free will in what we do 

and there’s no place in life for victim hood

when I wish to see what’s good 


lord. what if I turn it all over to you

and let the all pieces fall as they will

can we be so intertwined in life

you could lift me to your infinite light 


lord, can I just let go and trust in you 

to take over and control what’s right

so I can once again rejoice and be glad 

or is this a bargain and not a prayer I contrived 


so lord, please bring me back to your grace

and release all judgement of the human race

because it’s hard to be your servant here

and to rejoice in your love and not have fear 


for the promise of Spring does call

and the birds sing a song that enthralls

and I sense hope for our rebirth  

and for joy to come for one and all