Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Redemption

as the years slip away

the outer illusions get torn and frayed

the dues have all been paid 

and the blossoms will in time all fade 


and what is left Lord 

but the hidden heart exposed 

the diamond in the rough you hold 

given as ransom to show 

that redemption can be known

when all the other paths are closed


so I I hold my empty hand out to you

and pray that your promise to be here always 

will somehow lead me 

to find the truth of you 


or have you always been waiting here

just hidden in an invisible form

that’s a song that brings me to tears 

or the answer to my secret  prayers 


ah soul of souls

that waits and holds open the door for me 

can you throw out a net to catch 

and return to the sea of infinities dreams 

the rest of mayas memories 


lord take the diamond of Glory you gave 

take these fears away 

and let me just be embraced 

 by the hope of your saving grace