Friday, March 7, 2014

tHe Smile of an Angel

Even though the rain is falling
A cardinal comes to my window and sings
My heart listens to the sound
and the smile of hope this song does bring

And I heard a kind soft whisper
With a flutter of an angels wings
And an inner voice spoke to me and said
you do not need to hide who you are for you are free

You do not need to prove to anyone
How important that you are
For you are a beloved one of God
and it’s that truth has brought you this far

You do not need to run or hide
For you are not of victim of life
So stop the struggle and the fight
And embrace this love and light

You are in the presence of the Lord
And you can now receive
 the Love that is right here waiting for you
if you can just stop and believe

and recognize your life is a precious gift
 and you can accept that and so choose
to live your life each day
it with gratitude to God for his love for you

for love holds the key to the door
and you can open it and then you’ll find
that this love will heal your heart
and bring you such peace of mind

and even though the rain is falling
there is a light that shines if you can see
and list you may hear the red bird singing
and discover an Angel smile at me 

Here in the presence of the Soul
There is such solace that discovery brings
And I smile and embrace my life
and I’m oh so grateful for God’s love in me.