Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Starscape 

as I was looking

 through a hole into the heavens 

trying to see some shooting stars

I saw a strange vision

an interchange from afar


I know it’s hard to focus

on whats going on those lightyears away

but perhaps we can communicate 

with others beyond outer space


I know we like to wish on stars 

that we might choose

but maybe they choose us

and wish upon us too


when we look in wonder 

at what magnificence the universe displays

all our little worries seem so insignificant 

as we live out our life’s play  


I’m reminded of what Shakespeare said 

so very long ago

when Hamlet suggested 

that we can not know 

all that the spirit has to show


yes  

There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, 

Than are dreamt of here on earth 


so we look in wonder

at the stars flung across the sky

as we spin around this planet

we try to figure out just why

the reasons we are here 

before we return 

to the Spirit in the Sky